Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ask Max! By: Makenzie Culver

Hey there, Firebirds! My name is Makenzie Culver and I'll be doing an advice column. I'll be doing everything from polls to giving you advice! Here is my email if you would like to send in your questions or give me ideas: askmax.basisfirebirds@gmail.com

Here are some questions that I already have:

"My friend is a really nice person, but it seems like she only ever wants to hang out with me, making me spend less time with my other friends. What should I do?" -Anonymous

Firstly, Don't be mean to her. She probably just wants someone to hang out with. You could try hanging out with both groups of friends. If she won't stop constantly being with you, kindly ask her for some time with your other friends. Remind her that you have many friends and that she is welcome to hang out with them too. One thing you should NOT do is ignore her or lie. I hope this helps!

"My friend insults my other friends who don't go to my school. I want to stand up for them, but I don't want to hurt my friend's feelings. What do I do?"

First ask them to stop, nicely. You could try, "So & So, those people are actually my friends. I would appreciate it if you would stop saying mean things about them." If they don't stop, then you can be a little more firm. Don't be afraid to get your point across.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment